Saturday, January 29, 2005

"True Choice"

So much pain, so much pain.

Breathing in the pain, trying somehow, believing against logical or idealistic hope, that the pain may be purified, the sin transformed and healed.

Creativity--retribution and rehabiliation/restoration. Justice AND Mercy. Mercy AND Justice.

Tonglen, petitionary prayer is unexplainable, yet instictively we all know it is right and true. Still I can't describe this immense aching, burning, sad-sweet love in my chest. For the hurt, the abused, the lost, abandoned, unloved, unfed, unsheltered, so-called "throwaways", gutter trash of our world.

Tonglen teaches that everything is so easy and that is why precisely why it is so damn difficult.
----------
Elect this above all else,
Elect this.
Choose, in the face of oppression and fear,
This.
Choose ME,
For I AM alone.
I alone AM.
The Great and Holy One among you,
The Absolutely Personal,
Closer to you than your heartbeat and breath,
The very essence of you, of All.
Out of Me, you have arisen--
Show me your gratitude by mutual affection.
Build me up, reveal me,
revel in me,
adore and worship Me.
In all three Realms,
In all possible manifestations.
I AM Sacrifice,
nothing will ever be complete on this side of the grave.
Release me to follow my course in this exile.
Make my burden lighter, whenever possible.
Succumb to my love vortex,
Let it swirl you in ecstatic mystery,
Until you are flushed,
Never to be heard from again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home