Wednesday, January 12, 2005

The One Thing Necessary

The contraction is my action. Not a contraction--out there--to be then overcome by another outside force. There was this episode of the Simpons--I know I won't get this quite right. First snakes overan Springfield. Then they brought in lizards to eat the snakes, then birds to eat the snakes, crocdiles to eat the birds, gorillas to eat the crocs. Finally someone asks (Skinner I think) what do we do to get rid of the apes? He says, "We'll just shoot 'em."

Not the best analogy, but so what. When will I just shoot it? Or better when I will just simply take my finger off the inna trigga? Otherwise it's snakes, lizards, birds and all the rest.

This current is bliss, is mysterious love-bliss.

There are all sorts of other questions, important.

But the final question: Why do I keep pinching myself?

I feel both the love bliss current behind my right heart and the action of my separative self--feelig related, anxious, pressured, unstill. Why the action? Why the no in the face of the infinite?

Why no joyous surrender to the current?

This block that holds back unending rivers of mercy, compassion, humor, presence. Laugh, do this no more, release to the current, and be fully free.

Other posts for other matters--Islamic democracy is on my mind at the current time.

All else merely serves this. Discipline and right-life: individually and communally. Integral thought and practice.

Feel into the presence of Christ in the midst of the clenched fist. Circulate the Spirit through this vehicle. The Way of the (Sacred) Heart. Bhava Samadhi--Pentecostal Fire lighting up the conditional realm. Amrita Nadi--the sacred anatomy of Incarnation.


When I fell
I knew none of this.
Bystanders, lonely ones on the bus
never having heard the liberating voice.
Their lives of great value,
Their faces so sad.
Unknowing they rush headlong
to unfulfilled life-death.
With many twists and turns.
Ones I can not gather,
by look alone.
The contours understood nevertheless.
All else, however complexified in construct,
Is but none of this. This is.
TH/IS.
This is...my body, my blood
my neighbor, my life, my death
my love, my child, my enemy
my yes/no, my being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home