Friday, January 14, 2005

Temporary Eternality

I have walked in a world of vapors,
Now I navigate in a dreamless wakefulness.
All thoughts and desires,
whether real or imagined,
are for this alone.
This that is neither thing nor nothing.
It is grace beyond telling--
for such clarity of heart and head.
To be granted a view of the sun,
on the conifer trees,
snow melting in the quiet woods.
We are indeed falling,
Loving in a world reigned death supreme.
All ends.
The constricting confusions and endless hatreds
The moments of reconciliation and joy.
All ends,
except for this.
Essence of a red rose blooming in the winter,
Nature of a warm slenderous, sensual female curve.
Source of the love sacrifice of my being.
You alone, O Holy One,
Are my inquiry and devotion,
My work, my breath--
all surrender.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home