Wednesday, August 03, 2005

A morning spent pulling weeds. Later today some tilling. I've got no money for a gym membership, so I've been lifting concrete blocks as a means to keep my upper-body in shape.

An afternnon spent reading some Suze Orman. No you are not hallucinating, I did just write that. And I have to say, glitz and cheese-ballness aside, she's damn good. At least for a financial austropalithecus like myself.

Just facing into life issues. Thoughts of marriage. Bringing on thoughts of life insurance, my own mortality, where to send the kids to school, living in Canda vis a vis living in the US (in relation to the Prime Directive), communication skills, retirement, 401Ks, CDs/IRAs, school debts, house payments.

Priesthood--group dynamics, balancing family & calling, opennes to mission with expression of my (legitimate) needs. Listening skills. Listening skills. Listening skills. Pastoral care.

Scholar--cutting intellect with love, departmental meetings, academia in-speak, the power of words and ideas.

Plus the book. Editing. Grammatical usage. Audience relation. Things horizontal, not always my strongest suit.

Just people, things, events. No more Witness. No more aching beauty nor profound sadness--in the same way I mean. There just's just. It's indescribable. The change is semi-permanent, or at least accessible, recognizably so, at any moment. Maybe 7-10 yrs. before this really stabilizes. This which is not the opposite of that.

The bodymind drops,
Like an apple from the Tree
Of Eternal Life.

Plop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home