Sunday, April 17, 2005

Death in a Dream

Dream dying,
Death, experienced,
the doorway to deathless-ness.
Surrender to the most active,
Calm abides in the midst of the most brutal.

I watched myself die in a dream. Twice.
Who is the "I' that watches, the dreamer, the deceased, the murderer?

Twice killed in a night.

Pure darkness and the feeling of falling. Not headlong, but very rationally, very smoothly.

Then I died. Next I woke. Then I died again.

The second time poisoned.

As lucid as the dream was, only the darkness was unconditional. Even the poison was dioxin (courtesy news stories about Viktor Yuschenkov and Law & Order).

I knew it was happening and yet I knew it wasn't real--or at least unreal compared to my waking unreality. Perhaps more real. Or not real nor unreal.

First in Boulder. Now here.

1 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Travis said...

Just wanted to say that I love your blog. Im Eastern Orthodox and a fan of Wilber myself. I remember in one of your posts you said something about perhaps entering the Priesthood. With that in mind I was wondering if you could comment on being a Christian with a non dual perspective? Do you find it frustrating that the majority of Christians cant step outside of mythic religion? or that a higher mystical tradition never developed due to the authorities?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home