Monday, September 25, 2006

Big News

This version according to my special lady friend (see left)---today's guest blogger.

And the story goes like this…

Last Saturday (the 16th), I hung out with my friends Sarah and Ashley at Second Beach for International Peace Day. The sun was shining and we had a great time but Sarah said she had to get going so she could go pick up Bella (her Mom’s dog) from her sister at Jericho Beach. My Aunt Marilyn lives right there and I knew she was sick so I told the girls that I was going to stop by and give her a hug while they went to intercept Bella.

Marilyn and I are very much alike and can chat til the cows come home. While we were talking my phone kept ringing off the hook but I would just silence it so we didn’t get interrupted. Little did I know a huge surprise awaited me at the beach and there was no Bella, but Marilyn and I kept giggling and carrying on. Finally I answered the call (after 10 times it gets a little annoying) and Sarah was asking if I was coming down soon. I said maybe I’d just meet them back at the car instead of the beach. I soon realize they really just want me to meet them down there, so whatever, I walk over.

As I turn the corner from some trees, there’s Chris. At first I thought it was a coincidence that he was at Jericho too. Then I see that there’s a table beside him. It registers immediately then what’s going on by the candles, champagne, flowers etc on the table. This is the day I’ve been squirming for. He’s going to PROPOSE!!!! All that came out of my mouth though was “Oh no, oh no…”

Wasting no time, Chris got down on one knee and asked me if I would marry him. Sarah and Ashley fell to pieces crying and a group of onlookers started clapping!! I said “No”.
No, I said “Yes, yes, yes, of course!”

We sat down and ate Prawn Caesar salad that he had made and delicious pumpkin pie! Ashley and Sarah helped him with all the little details- everything was blue and green (mermaid theme) and there were chocolates, seashells and so many beautiful touches.
How romantic!!

We plan to have a long engagement (2-3 years).
I am so incredibly happy with him, life and ……my ring!

XOXOX CHLOE

6 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright man! That's like me - a long engagement to my sweetie!

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger MD said...

Congratulations Chloe and Chris! Sounds very romantic!

 
At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful... congrats!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger ~C4Chaos said...

WOOOOOOOT!!!! that is all. i know the feeling ;) godspeed.

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you both...and if you are ever in our neck of the woods (or want to be), you're always welcome...

All the best,
k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home